GNUPG Support for Mail
From webOS 24
The GNUPG plug in for Mail provides functionality to decrypt and encrypt e-mails in Mail.
- Private Key
- The private key must be uploaded to the device via USB in order to avoid the insecure transmission via other means of transport.
- Decrypting Mail
- If the user receives an encrypted e-mail, the plug in will offer the user the choice to decrypt the mail.
- Encrypting Mail
- If the user is about to send an e-mail to a recipient, whose e-mail address is known to the plug in, it will offer the user the choice to send it encrypted.
- Automatic retrieval
- If a public key for decryption or encryption is not in the local key ring, the public key is automatically loaded from the key servers.
- Key Servers
- The user can either select a set of key servers from a drop down list or enter his own preferred key servers.
- The key servers will be used for retrieving the public keys for sender addresses in case they are yet unknown.
- Key Management
- The key management allows the user to browse the known e-mail addresses and their public keys.